. . . Recipes, Restaurants and Real Life Tips from an Emerald City Girl . . .

Thursday, January 20

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream...


is delicious. Homemade Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is divine.

I got an ice cream maker for Christmas and this was my first experiment with it - or should I say experi"mint"!

Here's the recipe (easy, hardly any preparation):
  • 2 cups nonfat milk
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon mint extract
  • 5 drops green food coloring
  • 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Stir together all ingredients (minus choco chips) until sugar has dissolved. Add chocolate chips.* Pour into ice cream maker and freeze for 35 minutes. After the mixture has thickened, spoon it into a container and freeze for 2 hours.

*I refrigerated the mixture overnight which made the mint flavoring seep into the chocolate chips. The ice cream also came out with more of a chocolate mint flavor.

Enjoy! I know I did...

No comments: