. . . Recipes, Restaurants and Real Life Tips from an Emerald City Girl . . .

Monday, January 24

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" -Unknown


I had one of the best days on Saturday. And the best part about it? Nothing was planned. Honestly, I couldn't tell you what made it so different from every other day. It was just simply a great day.

Being a planner, it's hard for me to remember that life isn't all about planning, and that sometimes the unexpected can be just as rewarding.

I took this photo of downtown from Kerry Park, a scenic lookout spot in Queen Anne. It was a gorgeous day which can be unusual in January, but even rarer in Seattle. (Did I mention, no rain?) You can see almost everything in it - the Space Needle with the city skyline behind it, a ferry coming in, a hint of Mt. Rainier, and even a seaplane just taking off.

What you can't see in it, is all the people that were there doing the exact same thing we were- walking around, laughing, taking photos. And I like to think that they were having a simply great, unplanned day too.

No comments: